The tariff established for water supply and sewerage system services should include not only water quality and service, but also rehabilitation, prevention and urgent works of different types.
From 2008, it is GNERC’s jurisdiction to establish tariffs for water supply and sewerage systems and make any changes in them.
Cost of Service for Residential Sector to 2018:
1. Fixed tariff for unmetered consumption – GEL 3.892 per capita, from which:
- Tariff for water supply – GEL 2.962
- Tariff for passing – treatment – GEL 0.930
2. Tariff for metered consumption – GEL 0.329 per 1m3, from which:
- Tariff for supply of 1m3 water – GEL 0.250
- Tariff for passing – treatment of waste water – GEL 0.079
Tariffs for Organizations and Commercial Sector:
Tariff for supply of drinking water and passing – treatment of waste water for state organizations and commercial sector is GEL 4.400 per 1m3, from which:
- Tariff for supply 1m3 water – GEL 3.328
- Tariff for passing-treatment 1m3 waste water – GEL 1.073
Tariff for water supply and sewage service has not changed for organizations and commercial sector and it remains the same as it was prior to privatization of the company.